Timing System Professionals
If your business provides professional timing services to running, biking or similar timed events, you owe it to your participant community and your event organizers to find out more about FinishLine by Abooma.
FinishLine by Abooma looks at the timed-event industry from a refreshing new perspective. A perspective that accounts for the regional nature of timed-events, that focuses on the users, producers, and providers of critical event data, and that manages and maintains the data and data relationships of timed events.
The Timed-Event Community
The vast majority of timed-events are local or regional events that are locally organized, locally promoted, and supported by local and regional event participants.
Timing system professionals already know their event participants are a local community of sports enthusiasts, amateur athletes, and family groups that appreciate and patronize healthy family-oriented events that are staged in their communities.
The key words here are local and community.
Critical Event Data Management
Of all the different groups associated with staging a timed event such as organizers, sponsors, advertisers, and participants, the timing system professional has the most complex data requirements and produces the most critical event data component; the event results.
Timing services professionals must provide the data-production mechanisms, software tools, and skills required to physically time, compile, and report the results for a wide variety of timed-events.
The event-timing professionals must collect critical data from all event sources to perform their task. Data such as number and type of event activities, the event categories, the recognized age divisions, and any special recognition categories will be combined with the event registrant information and the individual participant times so that the results can be tabulated and presented.
It it clear that event-timing professionals must draw upon all data sources to form the foundation of critical event data upon which an event is built.
Who is the Logical Source for Information about Timed-Events in the Local Community?
By being the provider of the most critical data associated with a timed event, and because they support dozens of local and regional events each year, the local timing system professional should be the focal-point for event information and event-community communication for the local community, and they should be responsible for managing and maintaining this critical event data and maintaining the data relationships.
The Internet web site of the event timing system professional should be where the local event-participants congregate to learn about upcoming events, review the results of past events, and gather to communicate with each other about all topics related to their local event community.
The timing system professional's web site should serve at the information hub for this local community.
The problem is that timing system professionals do not typically have the resources to create an Internet presence that can accomplish all these goals. Profit margins are tight and there isn't enough time or money to devote to managing and maintaining a comprehensive Internet web presence, or to maintain critical event data and event data relationships.
This is where FinishLine by Abooma comes in.
Bringing It All Together
Imagine that there was a set of integrated software products that could be used to:
- Register your participants
- Configure your event scoring software
- Calculate, display, and print the event results at the event
- Provide searchable event results for your Internet site
- Automatically maintain an upcoming and past events calendar for your web site
- Provide extensive tabular and graphical reports about the participants, revenue, and event demographics
- Provide the ability for individual event participants to access, manage, and analyze their current and historical event data
- All while preserving and maintaining the integrity of the event data and unique data relationships
FinishLine by Abooma accomplishes all of that and more, and it doesn't cost the timer a penny!
That is correct. FinishLine is not for sale. You don't download it from us and install it on your web site. You don't have to be a computer genius.
You have to have the desire to have your web site be the center of the universe for your event-participant community, and you have to want to preserve and maintain their event data.
The FinishLine by Abooma suite of applications and web site integration services are provided to timing system vendors for free by simply committing to use FinishLine Event Registration for your events.
We will help you transform your web site (tell me more).
FinishLine Event Registration
The Finishline Event Registration service works similar to other registration services except that it provides many more features and services while charging service fees that are less than those charged by the other event-registration service providers.
And the FinishLine Registration service doesn't bombard your event registrants with irritating pop-ups or distractions that attempt to cross-sell or up-sell unrelated events or products while event registrants are trying to register for your event (see FinishLine Event Registration for more information).
When a potential event participant goes to your web site to register for an event, the registration software interface carries your logo and your look and feel.
FinishLine by Abooma is not an event aggregator like other registration service providers. Our focus is on making your web site the center of activity for your community, not ours.
In fact, Abooma does not provide any event-specific information on our web site.
The Big Picture
So how does it work?
Abooma works individually with each timing system professional to help them establish an Internet web site presence with a goal of becoming a communication and information hub for their local event-participant community.
This includes providing the software and support services to:
- Host a graphical and tabular event calendar for the web site that allows the local event-participant community to view detailed information on local upcoming events or view the interactive results of past events (see FinishLine Event Calendar for more information).
- Host best-in-industry searchable event results that are automatically cross-linked with opt-in individual participant profiles and historical performance data (see FinishLine Event Viewer for more information).
- Host a password-secured event report generator that provides Registration, Payment, Revenue, and Demographic reports for a complete accounting of revenue and participant data in tabular and graphical formats (see FinishLine Event Reporter for more information).
- Provide FinishLine web development services to build a customized web template to integrate the FinishLine components into your Internet web site (see FinishLine Web Site Development and Integration Services for more information)
- Provide additional support services to integrate and customize industry-standard community forums into your web site to promote and support your local event-participant community.
- Preserve, manage, and maintain the critical event data and event data relationships in an enterprise-class data management environment.
Are You Prepared for the Future?
As it has already been demonstrated at some of the best-funded and most visible events in the nation, new technologies are already arriving and are having an impact on the event-timing industry. And much much more is in store for the near future. Are you going to be prepared for the demands for these new services?
- Real-Time Event Reporting - supporting a real-time leader board that identifies the participant as they cross the finish line
- Immediate Access to Event Results - support real-time Internet access for searchable results on wireless laptops, PDAs, and mobile telephones
- Wireless POS Terminals - support at-event participant registration that seamlessly integrates into the timing system database for calculating event results.
- Internet-Based Alerting Services - automatically send e-mail alerts to notify event-observers of intermediate or final event results for individual participants.
- and much much more
Abooma is aware of these demands for services and we are already working to support the current and future needs of timing-system professionals by building best-of-breed systems that are dynamic and rugged enough to step up to these challenges and more.
FinishLine by Abooma is a comprehensive suite of event data management applications and services. We are well aware that there is a lot of information to digest. If you are interested in finding out more about FinishLine, have questions about what this program could mean to your business, or are just interested in finding out more, do not hesitate to contact us.